Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Weave Regimen & How I Maintain My Hair Underneath

As you all should know I am a routine weave wearer. They are my staple protective style. As soon as I take one down, I have another up like clock work because I get tempted to apply heat & wear it down constantly. Not good. I choose to wear weaves because I really hate having to sit for 8 or more hrs & at this point in my life a weave is a little more convenient for me.

My "prepping for a weave" Routine:

Step One: Clarify
Step Two: Moisturizing Shampoo
Step Three: Condish to dentangle
Step Four: Apply Protein for 10 min
Step Five: DC for around 2 hours

The next steps are me braiding and then sewing in the weave. I either take two full days to do my hair or one depending if I have other plans within the next few days. I usually leave my weave in for a month- a month in a half tops. To be honest I rarley apply any moisturizing products in my hair while I'm weaved up. It depends on whether I'm rocking straight or curly hair, but either way I'll use oil inside a bottle with a nozle top so I can get to my salp. Below is my regular routine without weave:


-Clarify 1x a month
-Wash/DC 1x a week
-Protein every 2 weeks
-Co-Wash as needed
-Moisturize & seal as needed
-Trim ends every 3 months

Now, I hope this helps some of ya'll that are looking for some advice when caring for your hair while in a ps. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger